Wednesday 5 August 2015

Crohns Disease

Hey!

This is going to be a different post; not focusing on fashion and beauty, however on health and my personal experience. Over 2 months ago and in the space of a week  I had gone through major abdominal surgery and had spent a week in hospital; what was originally suspected as appendicitis, turned out to be Crohns disease. It took a while for me to understand what had actually happened and the cause of it, but after alot of explaining I now understand alot more about it. I have decided to blog about it, to inform others, as it quite unknown and after reading forums and other people with crohns, found  it interesting to learn about others experiences. 

Crohns disease is a chronic inflammatory disease thats occurs in the iluem (small) and colon (large) intestines. Without getting too descriptive as it can be abit 'bluergh', I've had the surgery where they've removed the part of inflammed section.  Apparently there isn't a complete cure for crohns, however it can be managed through diet and medication. I have spent hours reading through websites, blogs, forums, books, discovering new diets and talking to people who have the same. I have had to cut out alot of the food that I used to eat on a daily basis and basically go through a trial and error process in finding out whats foods effect me. So far I have found some fruits, chocolate, raw vegtables, frieds foods and spicy foods are the ones that have effected me. 

Blogger 'Deliciously Ella' has inspired me to try out new healthy dishes/recipes which are gluten free, dairy free and meat free. So from now on, I have decided to do similar and blog about my own recipes and how they turn out (hopefully tasty) as well as using this blog as a diary entry of each stage and getting through it. I have already planned out to try out an alternative to spaghetti bologenese! 

Thanks for reading!
Alice xo

No comments:

Post a Comment