Friday 21 March 2014

Fashion Friday #2 - Shoes Of The Season

These style of shoes is the bringing back of old school shoes. These replicas are also known as t-bar geek shoes. They are simply made up of the traditional black patent material, buckle and cut outs at the toe. After being on my wish list for a while, I finally found the perfect pair for me purchased from River Island. However I can't seem to find the link for these exact ones online, but I have found similar ones on Topshop which I have linked below. 

These shoes are one of  the most comfortable shoes I own/ed. The main advantage of these is that they can be worn for any look and can make an outfit look smart or cute. I wore these with a blue simple dress and they automatically transformed the outfit to a smart casual. For a cute and girly look, dressing them with either a skirt or dress would be ideal. To create an even cuter, pair them with lace frilly socks; another  fashion craze. Another advantage is that the outer sole has really good grip, linking to it being a good all-day shoe. Though because of the minimal padding on the topline and insole it may be an irritate and cause a rubbing on the feet; but from my experience this lasted for the first couple times I wore them and now they're absolutely fine. 

These types of shoes have proven they've got popular as they now have re-introduced jelly shoes. These are my main childhood shoes for me; I remember wearing them when going to the beach on holiday. New Look specifically own a complete range of different colours, which I will be of course purchasing a few of. They are a bargain as well, at only pricing at £10; Compared to the ones below which cost me £30. Though from their success in popularity I'm sure you will find a bargain in purchasing a cheaper pair and that look identical. 




Thanks for reading xo

Links-
Margate T Bar Geek Shoes
Lace Trim Ankle Socks
Jelly Sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment